A collection of random diatribes.


Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Kicking my own ass...

I've been watching Millennium - Season One lately, and I've been kicking myself in the ass with each episode I view.

When Millennium first made its TV run, the only episode I caught in its entirety was the very first one. And I dug it. I dug it a lot.

So why the hell did I not watch another episode?

Probably for the same reason I do - or don't do - a lot of things. Because I'm a dumbass.

That first episode had everything going for it. Intro music by White Zombie, created by Chris Carter (The X-Files!), a score by Mark Snow (The X-Files!), lead played by Lance Fucking Henrickson and as much skin that could be shown on TV. Hell, that first episode dealt with a girl who worked at a peep show joint for crying out loud. At its first at bat, Millennium not only knocked it out of the park, it damn near knocked it out of the state.

At least with Buffy and Angel (two shows I discovered only after their DVD release), I have an excuse. I never saw an episode before I purchased the DVDs. With Millennium, I did not have the luxury of having an excuse.

But that's okay, because its out on DVD and I can watch this terrific show as much as I want - well, at least as much as I want of the first two seasons for now. The others just aren't out yet.

Check out Millennium. At least rent it so you can watch the first episode. Hell, its got LFH (Lance Fucking Henrickson) and a new psychotic killer each episode, what more can you ask for?

As for me, I gotta go back to kicking my own ass.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! Just letting you know I read this stuff. ;)

--Kris

P.S. Fuk-Mi says "Hi!"

2/08/2005 10:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is LFH, and I just want to personally say THANK YOU SIR for watching this series.

You may be dissapointed later on in the series when Spike from Buffy makes a guest appearance, and later yet when we start doing some weird ass freaky crap that doesn't have anything to do with anything other than to befuddle and confuse our viewers. But that's a ways off!

Anyhoo... this is LFH and I again want to say THANK YOU SIR!

2/10/2005 08:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home