A collection of random diatribes.


Tuesday, May 18, 2004

And now for something completely different...

Memoir

Inebriated at 4 o'clock in the a.m.
Talking to people never known before;
dancing with strangers to the p.m. dawn
Smoking coffin nail in hand,
wandering the assemblage
of collegiates.
Ears ringing from discussions of automotive specs
to the most popular fucks in high school.
And where are they now?

I am here



I must have written that about 10 years ago or so. I was taking a creative writing class and it was an assignment to write something that happened that weekend.

Well, that was one of those weekends where everything went right and all was good. I was going through the first of the major changes in my life and the bitterness I held for the people I went to high school with was on the down slope. It was also right around the time when I was becoming truly happy with myself. Even though I met a girl that weekend that I eventually moved in with (and got destroyed by), it was good times that I look back with fondness.

I believe it's the most honest thing I've ever written.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home