A collection of random diatribes.


Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Finally...

The story of the Pennsylvania stalking trip.

About two months ago, or so, I noticed Brian Keene was going to be doing a signing in Union Town, PA. Since I have family up there, I figured it would be a pretty cool roadtrip, as I have not been on a solo roadtrip in ages.

I headed up Thursday evening and went straight to my aunt and uncle's place. Since the signing wasn't until Friday, it was a good time to catch up with my family. I would elaborate more on them, but that's another blog. Great people though. I don't think they are related to the rest of my nutty ass family.

Anyway, Friday rolls around and I get up late, do a little shopping at Gabriel Bros. (which is, hands down, the best outlet store I've ever been in), bought some low-budget DVDs from a kick ass video store and basically dicked around until about 5 or so. Once 5 hit, I headed up to the signing, which was about a half hour away.

I hit Union Town mall at about 5:30 or so. The plan was to hit Keene up for some 'graphs, BS a little, do some shopping and hopefully have a drink with the man when he stopped signing at 8.

Two things went wrong...

1. Keene was signing until 9, not 8.
2. The mall was not the size of a mall I was used to. It wasn't half the size of malls I was used to. It was probably a quarter the size of malls I was used to.

So I was pretty much done by 7. Shit.

There were only so many times I could walk by Keene's table while pretending not to look at him. Or stare at the wall. You know what I'm talking about.

Finally, I said fuck it. What can you do? So I went over to bullshit with him. And try to look busy when business came up. I hope I suceeded.

Long story short, Keene is a great guy. He is probably one of the most approachable people I know, famous or not. Down to earth and funny as hell.

After the signing, Keene, Scott, Kat, Sheldon and I went out for a drink and had a bullshit session on the horror genre in general. After we polished off our beers, we headed over to this guy Steve's house, where he gave me an autographed copy of his novel Oogie Boogie Central.

Most definite good times.

A couple of shoutouts in order...

Brian
- Dude, I've read some of the preview in the back of Terminal. The part about BS being a big pussy. I assure you, I laughed my ass off. But that's all I read of it. I don't know if it's me milking it, or nerves, but either way, you're getting an email. Good times, bro.

Steve
- Thank you to you and your family for welcoming me into your home. And thanks for the book, too. I finished up the one I was reading last night and I will start yours tomorrow. I assure you I will live up to my promise of shooting you an email with my thoughts.

Sheldon, Scott and Kat - Good times, you shall get my email soon pointing you in the right directions for more conversations.

All in all, a fanfuckingtastic time.


4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Stalker freak!

6/16/2005 01:11:00 PM  
Blogger *~JoDi~* said...

HEY! Anyone who has a PILLZ-E T-shirt is cool by me! :D

"CuzcuzcuzI'mondapillz" :p

Stewie I am NOT used to seeing you with HAIR! Lookin' good!

6/16/2005 04:38:00 PM  
Blogger Aric Blue said...

He's only got the hair to cover up that embarrassing tattoo he got on his bald skull when he got messed up. You'll have to guess for yourself what it said.

6/19/2005 06:49:00 AM  
Blogger Stewie said...

Bite me?

6/20/2005 10:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home