A collection of random diatribes.


Monday, December 12, 2005

Mahna Mahna...

I popped over to Quirky Muse's blog and he had an interesting post. Seemingly too good to be true, I had to investigate.

Muse tells us that "Mahna Mahna" the song from the Muppets, was originally written for a 1960's soft-core fuck-u-mentary about Swedish couples.

First, if you don't know what "Mahna Mahna" is, then shame on you. It's only one of the best songs EVER. However, since there are some people out there raised in a cave, the video can be downloaded here. It was most recently used in that cool ass Dr. Pepper commercial (which you can see on Dr. Pepper's site here - click on "media"). Thanks to this site for doing the work on the videos.

Now, I then found the soundtrack to the movie in question, where "Mah-na, Mah-na" is indeed listed on the soundtrack. The soundtrack for this sexploitation film that was banned in Sweden. SWEDEN!

Isn't Sweden famous for Swedish erotica?

That is simply awesome.

No wonder I like that damn song so much.

Mahna Mahna.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Edmund Purdom, the narrator, is a European horror actor. You might have seen him in "Pieces" (a TCM ripoff) as the dean of the college where the killings are taking place. He's been in all kinds of things.

12/12/2005 09:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Isn't Sweden famous for Swedish erotica?"

I don't think any other country could be famous for Swedish erotica...

12/12/2005 09:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Swedish fuck-u-mentary, hmmm? Reading that made me watch that Muppet video in a whole new light. Crazy stuff.

Somewhere in my parents' basement I have that song on vinyl. I should go digging for that.

12/12/2005 11:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ace and shiki, now I know how Gordie felt after he told his pie eating story and Vern started asking questions. ;p

Lesley, I am jealous of the vinyl. I used to have an old scratchy sounding tape, but alas it fell apart.

That was a sad day.

12/13/2005 08:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why me?

I was just offering a bit of trivia about the movie that you, as a horror fan, might have been interested in.

Fine. Lump me in with the jagoff questioning your grammar.

12/13/2005 09:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you should be happy that I'm replying to my comments at all!

12/13/2005 09:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should be lucky that we even post comments!

12/14/2005 03:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am!

That's why I respond to them!

So you know that your comments are loved and appreciated.

12/14/2005 03:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

im here bacos u of u here okay

12/19/2005 08:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

im here bacos u of u here okay

12/19/2005 08:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home